What is the Lifestyle Assistance service?
Second Family English's Lifestyle Assistance service is for people who would like a helping hand around the home with errands, event planning, child and pet care, alleviating culture shock, or having someone to talk to if experiencing isolation.
A Second Family English Carer is dispatched to your home or a place of your choice in order to assist with your requests.
- using discussion to alleviate culture shock and stress (counselling is also available if experiencing isolation)
- pet-sitting / animal care
- cultural discussion and etiquette
- home care
- shopping / shopping assistance
- meal preparation
- party / event planning and assistance
- guest help and assistance
- travel nanny
- transport to and from venues
What are the fees for Lifestyle Assistance sessions?
Second Family English's Lifestyle Assistance sessions are purchased via packages of hours. These hours can be used all at once or in separate sessions. All prices include tax, but do not include transport. Lifestyle Assistance session fees are calculated via the time-frame reserved.
Do my package hours expire?
Lifestyle Assistance packages expire four months after purchase.
I was outside the home during my Lifestyle Assistance session, and now I think I will be late. Are there penalty rates?
There are no penalty rates for Lifestyle Assistance sessions which run overtime. The additional time will be subtracted from the remaining package hours.
In the case of lateness in which a Carer is looking after children and there has been no / non-substantial communication from the parent or guardian, the Carer may take the children to the next appointment / to the Carer's home.
In order to prevent inconveniences, ensure to remain in contact with your Carer throughout the session, and specify any possibilities of being late.
My Lifestyle Assistance session was cut short by my Second Family English Carer. Why?
While Second Family English Carers are helpful and are passionate about assisting, they may cut the session short if feeling compromised. As a reminder, Second Family English Carers do not do anything sexual in nature or fulfill any sexual-related requests. In the case that a Lifestyle Assistance session is cut short, the session cost can not be refunded.
Examples of why a session was cut short/denied:
- the Carer was requested to do something sexual
- a conversational topic was brought up which caused severe emotional distress to the Carer
- the environment had severe safety concerns (sharp objects, drugs, illegal materials)
- the mental state of the Second Family English member was unpredictable / violent
- the Carer can not ascertain safety upon returning home (they will miss the last train)
Can I buy Lifestyle Assistance sessions for someone else?
Lifestyle Assistance sessions may be bought for someone else as long as they are a Second Family English member.
My hourly-package deal is about to expire. Can I use all of the hours at once?
Depending on the availability of Second Family English Carers, you may not be able to use all of your hours before they expire. In order to prevent this, please reserve Lifestyle Assistance sessions as far in advance as possible.